Community notice - 17 January 2022
The health and wellbeing of our entire community is our top priority, which is why we are taking this situation very seriously. Please see below for more information on what we are doing to keep our community safe.
ACT reopening – what it means for Canberra Centre | 22 December 2021
Following the ACT Government announcement on 21 December, masks are required to be worn in all indoor settings in the ACT, other than one’s own home, for the foreseeable future. This includes indoor retail settings and hospitality venues (unless a valid exemption applies).
The following businesses, which reopened in earlier stages of the ACT’s Pathway Forward, continue to operate (subject to some restrictions):
Masks are no longer required to be worn in these or other indoor settings at Canberra Centre. However, indoor hospitality venues, front of house staff are still required to wear a mask while working. The ACT Government continues to encourage people to carry a mask and wear it in public indoor settings where physical distancing is not possible.
As part of this next stage of eased restrictions, our food court can also move to the one person per two square metres rule. Eating and drinking in our food court is now also permitted. We have placed QR codes throughout the food court, making it easy for you to check in before taking a seat.
For further detail on what businesses are permitted to reopen, including any restrictions, we encourage you to visit https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/act-status-and-response/the-acts-pathway-forward.
Although our retailers are now permitted to trade, some may have chosen to temporarily reduce or otherwise change their trading hours as we begin the transition to reopening. We encourage you to visit our directory for the most recent information on individual retailers’ trading hours.
Thank you for your ongoing patience and understanding as we all adjust to these new measures and navigate these changes together with kindness and compassion.
Keeping you safe at Canberra Centre
While you enjoy your shopping in centre, rest assured that we’re doing all we can to make this experience a safe, healthy and happy one. In line with this commitment, we continue to maintain a range of precautionary measures to help keep our community. These include:
• A strengthened focus on disinfecting commonly touched areas
• Ensuring that our cleaning principles adhere to the guidelines set by the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 principles
• Positioning of hand sanitiser stations at key points throughout the Centre
• Installing signage across the Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times
• Working closely with our retail partners to help ensure that we are all playing our part to keep our shared environments safe.
In addition to these longstanding measures, we’re upholding some important measures to keep you and your loved ones safe. This includes:
• Contactless wayfinding, allowing you to scan a QR code on your mobile to find any store in the Centre
How you can help
We’ll be doing all we can to keep our community safe, but we also need your help. We ask that you continue to play your part in keeping our community safe. This means:
• Check in using the Check In CBR app when entering the Centre and individual stores during your visit
• Wear a face mask unless you have a valid reason not to, and follow all government directives and advice
• Socially distance by always keeping at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
Plan your visit
To help you stay safe, we strongly encourage you to plan your trip in advance and have some tips and tools that may assist you:
We are closely monitoring public health updates and regularly review the range of measures we have implemented to help keep our community safe and are prepared to respond quickly should we need to.
We ask for your support in ensuring Canberra Centre continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit ACT Health's website.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Canberra Centre.